At the Puget Sound Birth Center we believe that birth matters and that a shared experience of the journey of birth strengthens individual mothers, fathers and babies and the bonds between them.
The midwives at the Puget Sound Birth Center promote the Midwives Model of Care© providing
- time and attention focused on optimizing health and minimizing risks for moms and babies
- individualized and continuous care throughout pregnancy, birth and postpartum
- minimal and appropriate use of interventions based on available evidence and mutual consent
- appropriate and timely referrals to hospital based care
We adhere to the four pillars of safe midwifery care and believe them to be a shared responsibility among midwives, clients and the medical community
- well trained midwives
- healthy mothers
- low risk pregnancies
- ready access to emergency medical services
It is our experience that birth works when laboring mothers are comfortable in their surroundings, cared for by those attending them, have freedom of movement and eat and drink as they wish.
Finally, we are committed to applying the midwifery model of care and our collective resources to achieving health equity and best outcomes for all mothers and babies.